Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sorry, gotta go check Blogbook

I was driving today, and thinking about how a lot of micro blog sites (e.g. tumblr) have become very network-y. And also, how many people (e.g. myself) have shifted to blogging instead of social networking. In fact, our social networking is starting to have share some huge similarities to traditional blogging. I mean, look at twitter. Its just a bunch of personal updates. (and isn't that blogging in essence?)

Looks like I'm not the only one noticing this trend.
I was briefly scrolling through lookbook a moment ago, and saw this ^
"ALYSSA L." seems to agree.

It really is not the least bit surprising, considering how utterly narcissistic we humans are. Let's face it. We love talking, posting, tweeting, etcetcetc about ourselves. I'm guilty of it too (obviously) and it isn't something to be ashamed of.
Its more about how you do it. As long as people continue to take pride in the content and aesthetics of their blog, I see no real problem with it. Unfortunately I doubt this will be preserved if the millions of distasteful people decide to create blogs...but we can always ignore them, no? Let's hope so.

I also did some light thrifting.
my favorite items: 

M83 - midnight city

-RAY ROSHÉ xx



No comments:

Post a Comment